The youths of Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State have sent out a clear message to criminal elements in the area to steer clear of the town or face the consequences.
Angered by the rising wave of crime that has appeared to give the town a bad name in recent times, the youths closed ranks to find a lasting solution to the menace as they ambushed and lynched a group of armed robbers caught in the town on Sunday, June 20, 2021.
- Exclusive!!! Unknown Gun Men attack on Vigilante: PG of Ozubulu Reacts
- Update on Ozubulu Black Sunday
- Ozubulu vigilante office on fire, President General escape death
- Security: Nza Ozubulu steps up.
- Pomp, thrills as Ozubulu indigenes changed leadership in Lagos
- Aba set for investiture of J. C Udeagbala (Ide Ozubulu) as National President of NACCIMA.
- Ozubulu community disowns murder suspect as police parade 16 in Anambra
According to reports, the youths had caught two of the five suspected armed robbers on a mission to rob shops along the Ekwusigo highway on Sunday evening, and proceeded to serve them jungle justice.
Three of the fleeing thieves had not waited to find out the reward for their nefarious activities as they ran for their dear lives.
The youths are hoping that their action would serve as a deterrent to the robbers and cultists alike as they aim to rid the once lively town of undesirable elements hell-bent on dragging the good name of Ozubulu in the mud.
They have also maintained that the current regime of do-it-yourself crime fighting will remain until the police, whose morale has been low since the #EndSars debacle, are sufficiently motivated and mobilised to return to serve in their capacity as the legal enforcers of the law in the area.
Visit our youtube channel