Newwavereporters have authoritatively gathered that Yorubas of Nigerian extraction resident in the United Kingdom have on Friday, July 2, 2021, protested at the Nigerian Embassy in the UK over the attack launched by the Department of State Services (DSS) at the home of a Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho on Thursday, July 1, 2021.
The protest took a different dimension as protesters peacefully chanted different solidarity songs and also displayed placards.
They condemned the invasion and attack at Mr. Igboho’s residence, adding that Igboho is a peaceful man.
“Yoruba Nation. No going back”, “Sunday Igboho is a man of the people”, “Oduduwa Nation must stand”, there various placards inscribed.
A Pro-Yoruba Nation protester, Peter Oladele said, “We are here to inform the UK embassy that enough is enough. Look at the criminal atrocities committed by criminal herdsmen; we are not going to back down. Sunday Igboho is not a terrorist.”
Another protester Grace Dada said, “What did Igboho do to the federal government? Gumi is there patronising bandits, why didn’t they arrest him?
“They killed two persons, we want them to release those arrested. We are not criminal, Yorubas are peaceful people. Since Igboho has been doing the rally, it has been peaceful.”
It will be recalled that Olayomi Koiki, Spokesperson of Sunday Igboho said that the Yoruba nation rally scheduled for July 3 in Lagos will still take place despite police order.
- DSS confirms attack on Sunday Igboho, recovers AK-47 rifles, African bulletproof vests, other items (See pictures)
- Army denies attacking Sunday Igboho’s House
- Sunday Igboho chickens out of Lagos mega rally, goes into hiding
- Gani Adams Speaks On Attack On Igboho’s House, Warn Against War
- Unknown Gunmen attack Sunday Igboho’s residence ahead of Lagos mega rally
- Yoruba Nation: No Going Back On Planned Lagos Rally , Says Sunday Igboho
Visit our youtube channel